2009年4月16日星期四

日誌
今天收到的電郵:舒明小記
大概是讀了我寫《夜之鑽石》,舒明傳來了一封電郵,如下:
Dear SK, 
In my memory, Diamond of the Night is one of the early films that showcased the use of "flash forward" for us around 1970.  Quite a haunting film.  I also bought the following book and learnt about Czech cinema. (All the bright young men and women : a personal history of the Czech cinema / Josef Škvorecký ; translated by Michael Schonberg.That was well before US and UK film critics published any books on East European cinema.  Unfortunately I gave away the book when I moved houses many years ago. 
In the late 1980s, I met Skvorecky when he visited ANU (Canberra) as a resident writer.  I interviewed him and published articles on him in "Lianhe bao" (聯合報) and "Lianhe wenxue" (聯合文學).  He is more famous than Milan Kundera in Czechoslovakia.  I regret now that I did not ask him more about Czech cinema.
Skvorecky's novels, including some good detective stories, are all interesting.  He is now living in Canada.  He had another book on Closely Watched Train. 
Regards,
hc
舒明提到的書,我是有的。記憶中不是我買的,很有可能是我哥哥的。我沒費很大的功夫便把它找了出來,但內頁已經發黃。嗯,這周末得花點時間把它讀讀。

沒有留言:

發佈留言